STARTED MY MEDS YETERDAY AUG-11-2010

GOOD AFTERNOON AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND CONCERN, I HAVE A QUESTION, I STERTED MY MEDS YESTERDAY, AND WELL I HAD NOT TAKEN ANY MEDS BEFORE, AND I WAS ALREAY EXPERIENCING SOME FACIAL WASTING ON THE FOREHEAD IS THIS NORMAL. ALSO I TOOK MY MEDS WHICH IS TRUVADA AND VIRAMUNE BOTH LAST NIGHT AND I EXXPERIENCED A KINDA BURNING SENSATION ON TH EBACK OF MY RIGHT LEG FROM BEHIND THE KNEE ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE TIP OF MY TOE, IT LASTED THE WHOLE NIGHT AS IF I HAD BEEN INJECTED WITH "BEN-GAY" THE MUSCEL GEL, OR SOME KIND OF ICY HOT BUT THE MAIN DISCOMFORT CAME FROM RIGHT BEHIND MY KNEE I REALLY COULDNT SLEEP IT FELT AS IF MY LEGIMENTS MUSCLES AND TENDONS ALL TOGETHER WERE LILDLY BURNING..I ALSO WANT TO ASK YOU ABOUT PEOLE WHEN THEY GET OFF THE MEDS AND OPT OUT FOR SOMETHING NATURAL WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS OUT THERE? SORRY FOR SO MANY QUESTIONS YOU DONT HAVE TO ANSWER THEM ALL, IF YOU CANT THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU.

The pain you are describing is not related to your new HIV treatment. It may be related to a pinched nerve in your lower back (lumbar area). Talk to your doctor about it. Your HIV combo is one of the friendliest when it comes to facial wasting and metabolic disorders, so don't expect any facial lipoatrophy with it. As people age (HIV negative and positive) or when they lose weight, some lose fat under the skin. Hang in there. You will most probably do very well on your combo.

Nelson

What am I going to do now, Nelson?
Atripla resistance ?