ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION S.O.S

Dear Mr. Vergel;

Thank you veru very much for you response, I am very happy that people like us can talk each other in order to deal with this "problem". You ask me about the available first line treatment in Peru, well My doctor wants to start with:

1) DUOVIR (AZT, 300 mg + 3TC, 150 mg) 1 tablet in the morning and the other one at night.

2) EFAVIRENZ (600 mg) 1 tablet only before sleep (9 pm, 10 pm, etc)

I am 32 years old man and I am very healhty, I think I got infected recently because my last Elisa test was negative in June 2008 (before that I did on other ELISA test and was negative too).

This is the medication that we have in Peru to start the first line treatment. My Dr. told me that he has a lot or pacients living with this treatment for a long time (more than 15 years without any problems with their health). You think It's the right time to start my treatment (CD4 221, virus charge 84.000 copies/ml). Thany you VERY MUCH for your response (Muchas gracias por su respuesta doctor, realmente es especial).

Adrian

Yes, Adrian. I would start if I was you. Your numbers fall withing the guidelines for treatment.

Yes, most people do well on that combination and live full lives.

Read the answer just provided prior to this one about AZT, though, so that you know what potential side effects you may or may not have. Many people do well on the drug.

Espero que sigas saludable y cuidate mucho. Preguntame lo que quieras en el futuro. Estoy aqui para ayudarte.

Nelson

Combivir Side Effects
Can I have milk with my current medication?