Hi, 40 and just diagnosed!

Hi, Thanks for all the help you have given others in the forum, the time and care you give a I have read is great and very helpful. I just turned 40 and was diagnosed in Jan this year. My resilts are as follows. I understand them most and they were perfomed in my western country Australia. I now live and work in Northern Thailand and the language and translation can be a little lost. The public hostpitals are ok, yet not the best, Any advise for Thailand? I have been told that my CD4 count is high and ok, thou my Vyral Load is high. As I am not on Meds yet and have been told no need to go on med yet, what is the best way to try and maintain my CD4 count (if not higher) and reduce my Vyral Load? Thanks Mike. 02/02/2010 Viral Load (HIV) (HIV RNA) (203000 copies/mL) 02/02/2010 CD4 Count (873 cells/mm3) 02/02/2010 CD4 Percentage (33 %) 02/02/2010 White Blood Cell Count (WBC/Leukocyte Count) (8.9 cells/mcL) 02/02/2010 White Blood Cell Count (WBC/Leukocyte Count) (5.5 cells/mcL) 02/02/2010 Aspartate Transaminase (AST/SGOT) (26 IU/L) 02/02/2010 Aspartate Transaminase (AST/SGOT) (28 IU/L) 02/02/2010 Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP) (93 IU/L) 02/02/2010 Red Blood Cell Count (RBC) (4.08 RBCs/L) 02/02/2010 Platelet Count (Thrombocyte Count) (471 platelets/L) 02/01/2010 Platelet Count (Thrombocyte Count) (426 platelets/L) 01/26/2010 Alanine Transaminase (ALT) (19 IU/L) 01/26/2010 Aspartate Transaminase (AST/SGOT) (24 IU/L) 01/26/2010 Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP) (81 IU/L) 01/26/2010 Red Blood Cell Count (RBC) (4.06 RBCs/L)

Your number seem good. Watch your viral load and CD4 cell counts every 3 months if you can. Under the current guidelines in the US, you do not need treatment but can ask for it if you want . IT is a personal decision. Some people chose to start treatment earlier to preserve immune function but sometimes cost and access are issues that get in the way of that decision.

Nelson

Is L-carnitine a good weight loss supplement
testosterone