What about nutritional cleansing?

One popular supplements company is Isagenix; calling themselves the world leader in nutritional cleansing. Their chief nutritionist, DR Wheeler, highly recommends Isagenix for HIV positive people. What do you think? I understand approval from your pharmacist is a must

I do not believe in any of the cleansing programs out there.

If you want to help your body be cleane decrease consumption of alcohol, do not smoke, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, watch your fat and sugar intake and exercise to ensure optimun liver and kidney function. Evolution has enable the body to do a great job at eliminating toxins from the body as long as we do not keep insulting it with junk.

None of those cleasing programs have been proven to do anything in studies as they appeal to our naive belief that cleaning our insides with products that make us have diarrhea, too much water loss, and dangerous weight loss. Isagenix like most others, are multi level marketing products that are targeted to patients with low levels of understanding about how the body's own cleansing mechanisms work.

I say don't spend your money on this stuff. Drink lots of water, eat lost of fruits and vegetables, exercise to sweat, and eat enough fiber to have normal gut function. That should help more than spending money on man made products that claim to do what nature already does well.

Nelson

Inflamation
gingko biloba interactions with HIV drugs