finasteride y testosterone

hola nelson! pleased to greet you here a Latin chile, my question is: I have low free testosterone and so I want to start hormone replacement therapy to increase the testosterone (low sexual desire), I can raise hormone therapy taking finasteride? .............. Can be mixed and benefit of both?

The worse thing you can do to increase testosterone is to start finasteride. This drug (brand name : Proscar or Propecia) blocks the effects of one of the metabolites of testosterone (DHT). By doing this, total testosterone goes up in the blood. However, by blocking DHT, finasteride also blocks the benefits of testosterone on sexual function. Many men suffer erectile problems on the drug. But the drug is really good to decrease prostatic inflammation and for growing hair, but at a big expenses when it comes to sexual function.

The best way to increase testosterone if you have testosterone deficiency is to get a doctor to prescribe gels, injections or patches and to ensure that your total testosterone in the blood is between 500- 1000 nanograms per deciliter.

More on this in "Testosterone: A Man's Guide", my book coming out next month on Amazon.com

In the mean while, this is a great web site that you should read from Dr John Crisler that I love: http://www.allthingsmale.com/publications.html

Nelson

Significant Weight Gain - 1 year on meds
Poppers/Rush/Amyl Nitrite