Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Weight control and HIV
Jun 14, 2010

Hi Nelson,

I have a major issue. I have been weight-lifting and running consistently ever since I left the Army three years ago. I have NOT changed anything about what or how I eat. And yet my weight is getting out of control. I was once a pleasant 176 pounds. About two months ago they weighed me in at 188 pounds. Today I find out that I am 190 pounds. I don't look fat. I still fit in size 34 jeans. I still run pretty fast and hard without huffing and puffing. WHY AM I PUTTING ON THIS WEIGHT? PLEASE help me with some advice. Maybe I am blowing this out of porportion like my spouse, Devin, tells me. I am just concerned because I don't know what I need to do or what I am doing wrong. I thought people with HIV don't have to worry about wieght gain. Thanks.

Response from Mr. Vergel

I wish I could help you but I have insufficient information. Can you help me by answering the following questions?:

1- Are you on HIV medications? if so, how long and what are you taking? 2- Are you eating more or have you changed the way you eat? 3- Have you started any new medications, over the counter products or supplements for any condition? 4- Are you drinking alcohol more than you used to? 5- Anything else I should know ?

Nelson

Previous
Trying to get pregnant
Next
working in a bug and weed store

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.