Ticking biological clock...

I am not sure if there is a forum for this but are there any resources available for HIV positive people to pursue gestational carriers or surrogacy as a means of having a family? I am currently in contact with a lab that washes and stores sperm, but there is more that needs to be done before I can become a father.

If you are in the United States and know a woman that may want to be a surrogate, there is a program at Massachusetts General Hospital:

http://www.massgeneral.org/dental/services/treatmentprograms.aspx?id=1334

Several places in the United States also do sperm washing to clean your sperm out of any possible HIV. It is also important to know that if your viral load has been undetectable for a long time, your sperm may be HIV free (however, it is not a rule and exceptions have been found in some studies, so don't assume this).

I would contact the folks at Mass General and ask them for details. It would be great if you shared what you find with us since you are the third poz man during the past two months who has asked me a question about wanting to have a child. I guess there is a market for this now that we are living longer and many of us have always wanted to be a father (I do) !

Nelson

Is androgel safe if not on meds?
Exercise/Career Question