Is androgel safe if not on meds?

Nelson,

If soemone is HIV positive and they have good CD4 counts and low viral load, is it safe to take something like Androgel or could it suppress the immune system somehow?

Thanks,

M.

If your total testosterone in your blood is below 300 nanograms AND you have fatigue, low mood, lack of sexual desire or weak erections, then you can consider the use of Androgel by prescription, as long as your doctor monitors you properly.

We have seen no detrimental effect of testosterone or anabolic steroids on the immune system of people with HIV in several studies. However, if not used correctly, these compounds could have side effects.

You may want to read more about Androgel at androgel.com or about Testim (their competitor) at testim.com, or read my book "Built to Survive" available on Amazon.com (all proceeds fund non profit programs via powerusa.org)

Let me know if you have any more detailed questions about testosterone. I have used it for 17 years and consider myself pretty up to speed on the subject.

Nelson

what do you think of this approach?
Ticking biological clock...