What are MAC symptoms?

Four days ago, I had terrible periodic stomach ache and have been going to the toilet at least 3-4 times a day and my bowel is foamy, very small and sometimes my bowel is like phelgm. I'm POZ for almost 4 years now, not yet on ARV and havent had my CD4 checked. Yesterday my doctor gave me ciprofloxacin 500mg 2x a day. I feel better on my 2nd tablet, no more stomach cramps and have only been twice to the toilet. I had more bowel and I dont feel the urge of going to the toilet as often as before.

I feel better after taking ciprofloxacin, does it mean that I should not be worried about having MAC? If you have MAC will it respond the same way with ciprofloxacin? I understand that you had to take additional antibiotics if you have MAC.

What are the symptoms if you have MAC?

MAC only affects those with very low CD4 cells. What are yours?

MAC will make you have a lot of bowel movements,which you do not seem to have. Systemic MAC infection can cause spiking fevers and lethargy. Diarrheal illness caused by MAC includes these symptoms as well.

Gut problems can be caused by many HIV and non HIV related causes. I would not take antibiotics without consulting your physician.

Nelson

treatment for lipodistrophy
Atripla Sildenafil interaction