Viral Load Still Detectable

I tested positive just over a year ago. At the time my cd4 was 5 and my VL was 200,000. Its been just over a year and my cd4 has gone up to 161 and my VL is still at 600. My DR has changed my meds several times and I have had several Geno Type tests. She is baffled as to why I am not undetectable. She called the hotline in SF and they told her she has done everything correctly as far as changing meds. Is it possible that I am just stuck with the VL the way it is? Is it possible that my VL could be non-mutating cells? Any suggestions?

Did she run a genotype test before you started medications? What medications have you been on so far (give me the combinations, please) Thanks

nelson

I have had 4 Geno Type Tests in the past year. I am pretty sure she did do one before I started meds.

Here are the Meds and Combinations: 1st Regimen: Atripla 2nd Regimen: Prezista, Norvir, Truvada 3rd Regimen: Prezista, Norvir, Isentress, Trizivir 4th Regimen: Prezista, Norvir, Isentress, Truvada

I just started the 4th Regimen. After a few months taking the Trizivir I became very anemic so she switched back to Truvada. The past few days I am experiencing alot of lower back pain..not sure if that is a side effect from the meds. I am also taking Calexa.

Thanks for you Help!

What medications are you taking (HIV and not HIV related)? You have had good immunological response and your viral load is almost undetectable. It may be a matter of adjusting your dose or combination to get your viral load to under 50 copies per ml.

nelson

Body Changes when CD4 is low
Anal Cancer - Should I be concerned?