CD4 count vs Viral load

Hi,I have started on ARV's (Truvada and Srocrine) as from 11 March 2010 with a viral load of 3259 and CD4 count of 328.After six weeks I went to do test again to see if ARV's are working .Now my result are vl is <40 copies but my CD4 count is still 328.What I want to know if my viral load has drop ,my CD4 is it not suppose to increase?I am worried please help.I also want to know,can I continue with the multi vitamins(Selenium with Vitamin E,beta carrotene,Vitamin C,Vitamin B complex) even now that I am on ARV's .Thanks

The increase of CD4 cells is a slow process in many people. Six weeks is not enough time to be concerned. Also, your CD4 cells are above 200, which put you out of trouble for most opportunistic infections.

Eat well, get a lot of rest, and don't stress out too much about your numbers for a while. Slowly, but surely, you will see some increase in CD4 cells. It is impossible to predict how fast and how many CD4 cells you will gain, though.

You can see in Figure 3 in this report that it takes around a year to see CD4 increases of 100 or a little more. You are only starting! http://www.natap.org/2010/CROI/croi_85.htm

Nelson

Nelson I have a question for you.
want to more about durgs