Copd and hiv infection

I have a friend who has moderate copd. He has recently tested positive for HIV. He feels that he is going to die anyway so he is not opting for treatment. He has refused to see a Dr. about it. I have gone through the forum questions and I see that HIV can worsen COPD but does it work the other way too - does COPD cause one to progress faster to AIDS? I wish I had some ammunition to talk my friend into getting into treatment. Please help me with this.

This is a good link that refers to your question:

http://www.pulmonaryreviews.com/dec04/pr_dec04_HIVpositivity.html

Nelson

Need Referral: Low Testosterone
Muscle weakness (like rhabimyosis)