The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Need Referral: Low Testosterone
May 10, 2010

Hi Nelson,

Since I know you have a pretty good network, I thought I'd ask if you knew of a good HIV doc or endocrine specialist in the Boston area who is really good with low testosterone issues.

I am an androgel/testim person (over 7 years) who did not do well with gels and I am now on no treatment at all.

Let me know.


Response from Mr. Vergel

Dear Jim:

I do not know any doctors in Boston personally who prescribe testosterone replacement. (Although Dr Bashin and Dr Grinspoon are both well known researchers on testosterone and they live there, but I am not sure if they see patients)

Here are different lists that I listed in my new book: "Testosterone: A Man's Guide"

Life Extension Foundation, List of Innovative Doctors:

There is an AACE doctor search page at: In theory they would use the AACE hypogonadism guidelines, but do not assume that all endocrinologists are testosterone friendly.

Find a doctor who uses the services of Women's International Pharmacy:

College Pharmacy (Colorado Springs, CO) click "Find a Health Care Provider." There is a form to fill out. Submit the form and they will e-mail a list of doctors nearest you who use their compounding services., a HIV- related web site (doctors in this list also treat people who are not HIV positive)

Directory of "anti-aging" doctors around the world (most prescribe hormones): pages/directory/


Copd and hiv infection

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint