Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Should I continue to drink Ensure?
May 10, 2010

Hi, I've been healthy positive 19 years, with a T-cell count of 700-800's, and <50 viral load. For the past 12 years, I've been drinking Ross products Advera (until production stopped) and now I've been drinking Ensure & Ensure Plus almost daily. Although wasting is not an issue, now, it was in the past. I also take Oxandrolone daily, for 12 years. Today, I am 5'9 and weigh 180. Should I continue this daily regimen of Ensure or Ensure Plus? My new doctor is ok with it and my new insurance will cover the expense. But, do I really need this supplement? I am not taking other vitamins. Thanks so much for your response!

Response from Mr. Vergel

You should eat regular food instead. Also, remember that oxandrolone decreases your own testosterone, so make sure you use it with a testosterone gel. Your doctor should also be monitoring your liver enzymes and lipids since oxandrolone can affect both.

Ensure is not the best supplement for those who cannot eat. Its the top four ingredients are:

water sugar corn syrup maltodextrin

If you want to supplement, use sugar free whey protein products like Isopure instead.

Nelson

Previous
SGPT of 924!!!
Next
Inflammation

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.