My wife is positive

My wife recently tested HIV+ and her CD4 count is 230, which am told is very low and may soon reach crisis point of her health. But the irony is that she remains healthy and putting up weight of 82Kg. I am yet to check my status for the simple reason that I am healthy and show no symptom of HIV+. Moreso I am not ready for a premature death sentence. I maintain a weight of 93 kilo. Nelson Vergel, help me. Can I be positive? And what is the secret behind her seemingly positive healthy state?

Many people do not show any symptoms of immune dysfunction until CD4 cells are very low. I have personally known people with hardly any CD4 cells who are pretty healthy. And others may feel miserable even with higher CD4 cells. There are many factors that influence quality of life!

At 230 CD4 cells, she is not doing that badly but she surely should consider HIV therapy. We have more side effect friendlier drugs nowadays and people are living almost to a normal old age with this virus, so I would not assume that it is a death sentence. But it definitely is a wake up call to take care of oneself and to enjoy life to the maximum day-to-day while prioritizing all that is important. It is also a big test for discipline and commitment to staying healthy by never skipping meds, eating well, getting enough rest and exercise, and emotional support. You have each other for support, so take care of yourself by getting tested so that you can also grow older with your woman next to you. Some couples get closer and some grow apart when both or one tests HIV+. Letting go of shame, guilt, and excuses is key to moving forward and start healing.

We are here to help, so please let me know what else we can do for you. In the mean while, read this basic brochure that I prepared two years ago (fourth link in after you click) : http://powerusa.org/brochures_flyers.htm

Good luck and stay strong for the two of you. You are not alone. There are 33 million of us living with HIV in the world and many of us will not let this little bug rule our lives.

Nelson

Sperm Wash ICSI OR IVF
Performance Drugs, Viagra etc.