Correct Dosage of Androgel

Hi Nelson,

I have not been diagnosed with HIV yet, but I have had borderline low testosterone that goes in and out of the normal range.

My doctor said to do 4 pumps daily of the Androgel or 5g, if it does turn out that I have HIV how much would be correct to use as I heard that HIV positive men can require more than a HIV negative individual.

Is the gel even still sufficient if you have HIV or should you start getting higher dose shots?

Thanks,

M.

5 grams a day is a good starting dose for all. There seems to be a higher incidence of low testosterone in HIV+ men but therapies seem to work as well.

Get your doctor to retest your total testosterone after 14 days of using the 5 grams per day of Androgel. If it is not above 500 nanograms per deciliters, increase the number of pumps from 4 to 6, retest 14 days later, and if 500 is not reached,increase dose to 8 pumps a day. Most men will have total testosterone blood levels above 500 nanograms per deciliter with 8 pumps a day. Just make sure your doctor is aware you are stepping up the dose so that he can re write the script so that you do not run out of product before the month is over.

Nelson

Excercising and lipoatrophy
Sperm Wash ICSI OR IVF