Celiac diease and HIV
Apr 21, 2010
My partner has recently been diagnosed HIV+.He is also Celiac but he manages his gluten diet very well. Can Celiac disease have a huge impact on HIV progression?
Response from Mr. Vergel
We have no data on trying to answer your question. However, I would ensure that he discusses HIV medication choice with his doctor (and GI doctor if he has one) to chose HIV meds that are not known to cause more GI problems (most Norvir boosted protease inhibitors can cause lose stools or diarrhea in some sensitive patients). But ,as I said, there is not data on celiac disease and HIV and the effect of HIV medications on this problem.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Headache A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Itchy Skin A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- 7 Week Negative Rapid Blood Test After Low Risk Exposure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.