|blueberries good for u right
Apr 15, 2010
can blueberries afffect the absorbtion of hiv meds say if you were to eat 1/2 to 3/4 cup a day thanks
| Response from Mr. Vergel
Blueberries are full of antioxidants. I would not worry about possible interactions, although we have no data on blueberries and HIV medications. I searched the internet to find any potential P450 effects of blueberries and found none.
Blueberries are rich in a flavonoid called anthocyanins that may be linked to decreased rates on cancer in lab studies. Compared to grapefruit, anthocyanins have been found to be weak inhibitors of the P450 liver metabolic path.
Here is an abstract: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/121385161/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Fingering Worried I Have
- Sore Testicles After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.