SOCKET EYE LOOK

DEAR NELSON I'VE BEEN TAKING ATRIPLA FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS WITH AMAZING RESULTS ON MY BLOOD LEVES.BUT MY CONCERN IS ABOUT THE WAY MY EYE AROUND AREA LOOKS LIKE.FEELS AND LOOK THE SKIN AROUND THE EYES IS THINNING GIVING ME THAT SOCKET EYE TIRED APPEARANCE. IT LOOKS LIKE SUNKEN EYES.AND I KNOW FOR SURE IS STARTED AFTER ME TAKING THE MEDICATION AFTER 6 MONTHS. PLEASE LET ME NOW IF YOU'VE EVER HEARD OF ANYTHING LIKE IT I'LL APRECIATE ANY ADVICE YOU COULD PROVIDE.

Do you have loss of fat or tissue in the cheeks or any other areas? Lipoatrophy is rare in those taking Atripla, but it has been detected in around 15% of people. We do not know if some people may be genetically more prone to lipoatrophy, but there is some evidence that some people's mitochondria may be. Have you lost any weight in the recent pass? Weight loss could also cause what looks like lipoatrophy.

I have seen some patients worry about lipoatrophy so much that they confuse normal aging with it, and suffer needlessly with worry. I am not saying that may be you, but make sure that you talk to your doctor about it.

Nelson

HIV + and Diet
2 lbs a month- Antipsychotics, antidepressants and protease inhibitors