Complimentary Meds

Hi Nelson and thanks for your informative answers to posts. I keep hearing that there are no scientific trials for comp therapies (glutathione, olive leaf, green tea etc). I would like to know if anyone is researching these areas and whether your advice is simply to leave these therapies alone until the research is out there? I am recently diagnosed, have good CD4s (720) with rapidly decreasing VL (550K to 12K in one month) but I just want to do something to help my immune system fight this thing. Cheers, Tim

I am glad that is not true...these are studies currently enrolling:

Studies of micronutrients in HIV

Studies of Nutrition in HIV

Studies of Exercise and HIV

We still need controlled studies of different diet interventions in HIV. Not a single researcher has done one to see if the incidence of increased visceral fat is reduced with a lower glycemic index diet. We also need good intervention studies for decreased bone density with the use of exercise, Calcium/vitamin D and possibly nandrolone/testosterone.

But in general, I am encouraged with all the studies listed above!

Nelson

Workout Supplements
Breakthrough in HIV Research?