|Raw seafood and HIV
Mar 23, 2010
I'm currently researching a paper regarding foodborne illness and immune compromised patrons. Is there any actual evidence of higher prevalence or risk or purely anecdotal?
| Response from Mr. Vergel
The FDA has issued several warnings about eating raw seafood when immune compromised. I have not actually seen the studies but can tell you that I have seen people almost dying of food poisoning after eating bad sushi or other contaminated foods. I avoid all raw seafood, no matter how fresh and safe people tell me it is. It is just not worth the risk.
You can read more about this in the enclosed link FDA- be careful with your seafood
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Eating Raw Food When You Have Hiv
- Why Shouldn't Hiv Patients Eat Raw Fish?
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Prolapse Cause Low Back Pain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.