is my gynecomastia pubertal permanent, or Pseudogynecomastia?

I'm 15 years old and having living with this condition for as long as I can remember. I have come to believe that I have real gynecomastia as opposed to the "fake" one. I am nowhere near over weight and I don't have any health problems that I know of. I'm also an "athlete" as I'm in cross country, track & field, and I also run marathons. Is there anything I can do to combat this issue other than just wait idly? My gynecomastia is identical to the 2 pictures shown here: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1273437-overview. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated... Thanks

Have your doctor check your blood levels of estradiol to see if they are high. When gynecomastia has progressed, the only way to treat it is by surgery around the nipple area and using liposuction. Some men are more prone to have this problem since they may have a genetic predisposition that makes them produce more aromatase enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen (female hormone that can cause increase in breast size in men). Try to avoid alcohol, pot, soy products and smoking if you can since all those can make gynecomastia worse. Try to also lose fat if you have any excess, although this may not ultimately help. Fat cells are perfect sites for testosterone conversion into estrogen.

I hope this helped you. Talk to your doctor about referring you to a specialist that can do surgery for gyno.

Nelson

Reversing AIDS wasting???
Please Help!