Switching from testosterone gel to injections

Hi Nelson, Have been in touch with you before, I have been using testogel for about 6 months now, but it is getting a bit of a hassle putting it on everyday, and I would like to switch to injections if my doctor will allow me, I was wondering which type of test injection would you advise, would rather start at a lower dose first in case of any side effects then if they work for me I believe there is a longer lasting form called nebido. Many thanks for your help

And Best of health to you.

Regards A x

The usual dose of testosterone (either cypionate or enanthate would do) is 200 mg every two weeks or 100 mg every week (200 mg is one cc). A 1 cc syringe with a 23 gauge needle is what most people use. Whatever dose and frequency you use needs to be validated by a free testosterone test a month after you start, right before the next injection. If your free testosterone is low, then the dose needs to be increased until you reach normal levels. But most men do Ok with the doses I mentioned.

Your doctor needs to check your prostate at baseline and then every six months to make sure you do not have prostatic enlargement. He/she should also monitor your hemoglobin and hematocrit to make sure that you are not one of those patients who have large increases of hematocrit that can cause blood to thicken. But these two problems are often not seen at replacement doses.

Nebido is still not approved in the U.S. (it may be in a few months). It is made of testosterone undecanoate, which lasts longer in your body (an injection every three months). But I think the price will be outrageous for most insurance companies to pay for it.

I hope to have my testosterone replacement book finished soon to share even more details about this therapy.

Nelson

Canadian looking for Deca Durabolin
Creatine Supplementation