Might need a referral Nelson...

Nelson --

Hi, Marc here. Have been an avid reader of yours for years. Thanks much for being the source of so much information.

After being on hormone replacment and wasting therapy (androgel, oxandrin) for a couple of years now, I think I'm starting to have issues with some of the treatment side effects (breast tenderness, decreased treatment effectiveness, etc.) I like my primary HIV specialist a lot, but I think he's out of his league when it comes to the effective management of hormones and body-friendly medications. Over the years that I've been on wasting therapy, I feel that I'm the one who has initiated any periodic testing of my hormone levels, etc., so therefore I've always had the opinion that my HIV doctor isn't necessarily the best or most aggressive when it comes to management of my issue.

Now that I'm having some problems with my condition, I think having a separate doctor (endocrinologist?) to manage the treatment of my hormones and wasting, might be a good idea. Do you agree? Could you recommend a physician in the NYC area? (BC/BS insurance here).

Thanks much --

Marc

Marc

I am so sorry that you are still dealing with these issues. There are a few doctors in NYC that are highly specialized in hormone replacement.

Many people in my pozhealth discussion group go see: Joseph G Olivieri MD 313 43rd St.Brooklyn, NY 11232 (718) 369-1900

Let me know if he is able to take care of you.

Nelson

HIV +, EXERCISE AND DEPRESSION
Canadian looking for Nandrolone Deconoate