Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

what kind of foods should i eat to help arv improve my cd4 count
Sep 5, 2009

i found out in july that i am positive and am also 30 weeks pregnant. My cd4 count was 268 but after a week it had dropped to 236. Help me what can i eat to improve my cd4 count because a am already on arv, to help mother to child infection. what would happen if i my cd4 count droppes to below 200.concerned for myself and my child.

Response from Mr. Vergel

A drop of 268 to 236 is not really a drop...it is within the margin of error of the CD4 cell test. Besides, only trends are important since clinical decisions can not be made based on only one number.

You do not say anything about your viral load. I hope you have undetectable viral load. If not , talk to your doctor about options to control it that are friendly to the fetus.

There are no specific foods that one can eat to improve CD4 cells. However, it is important to provide the body with a balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, lean meats, nuts, fish (although I am concerned about heavy metal contamination that can affect the fetus), and good oils like olive oil. A multivitamin approved by your doctor is also important to provide essential micronutrients for you and your child.

Nelson

Previous
This is my 3rd attempt
Next
HIV and HIV-related sickness

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.