Aug 2, 2009
I am HIV positive currently taking Atripla and healthy. I have undergone botox treatments and am wondering if Perlane for facial cosmetic treatment is okay to have.
Response from Dr. Pierone
Perlane is a hyaluronic acid filler similar in composition to Restylane and Juvederm. It is thicker than Restylane because it was designed with more cross-linking between the hyaluronic acid molecules.
There is no problem using it for someone who has HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- On What Part Of Your Body Can You Have An Outbreak From Herpes
- What Medication Do You Take To Cure Chlamydia?
- What Can Herpes Be Mistaken For?
- What Antibiotic Treats Bacterial Vaginitis?
- Risk Of Transmission Of Herpes From A Toilet
- How Can You Tell The Difference Between Zit And Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.