Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

how can i manage viral load without meds?
Jul 13, 2009

hi nelson,

thanks so much for your positive responses on these forums. it's inspiring to read what you encourage people to do here...

i have a question in response to a post you responded to recently about what we can do (we who are not on meds yet) to take care...you mentioned to make sure your viral load is in check (less than 20,000 is your suggestion) -

at my first test, mine was 30,791 and my second test found it at 37,000 something.

i am a healthy eater, positive thinker, exercising more, taking some good supplements (selenium, and some oligo elements that my doc here recommended) - but what else can i do to 'manage' my viral load? or is that all? i would love to know if there's a magic workout formula/food/supplement, but then again if you had that answer, we wouldn't be here asking questions!

thanks again, ben

Response from Mr. Vergel

Ben

Unfortunately, a healthy life style does not ensure a low or reduced viral load. Keep doing what you are doing but talk to your doctor about starting treatment. We have very friendly combos nowadays that have lower toxicities than in the past.

Nelson

Previous
Atripla & Multivitamins
Next
Cosmetics

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.