Advice on Supplements for Kidneys

I am about to start meds with Isentress/Truvada. I now have normal kidney function and want to keep it that way. I know that Truvada has been known to affect the kidneys.

My question is: are you aware of any supplements that have been shown to help retain optimal kidney function? I already take vitamin/mineral tab, alpha-lipoic, co-Q 10, calcium/D, B-complex, selenium. Also: do you know if drinking a lot of water is good for kidneys? I think I read somewhere that this is good to do for the kidneys.

Thanks for your help.

I know of no supplements that will prevent kidney disfunction

Viread (tenofovir) is part of Truvada. Viread has shown some kidney issues in patients using it with Norvir boosted protease inhibitors. We have seen very few problems in the field when used as part of Atripla (with Sustiva) and I presume it will be OK also with Isentress, since Isentres does not need Norvir boosting.

I would suggest you always keep yourself hydrated, eat well and exercise. Your doctor will keep an eye on creatinine clearance everytime you go see him or her anyway.

Nelson

OXANDRIN FOR WEIGHT GAIM
Bloating Pains