HIV+

I just find out that I was HIV+. my doctor did some blood work on me and informed me my Viral Load was 22,000 and my CD4 was 246,are these number normal? she also had another blood test done on me to see if I would be able to take Atripla is this common? She says all my blood work shows I am healthy even tho I have lost about 10 lbs since 2006. My big question and not trying to out guess the doctor should she start me now on the medication, she plans to start me around the 23 Jun 09. Waiting on you reply.

Yes, your CD4 cells are below 350, which is the current limit recommended in the DHHS guidelines. Go ahead and start it! You will get your CD4 cells up and your viral load will hopefully become undetectable.

Nelson

Yoga
blah