Opticians & Contact Lenses

I didnt know where to ask this, hope you can help.

I need to book an appointment with an opticians as i need contact lenses, and wondered if the optician needs to make any special arrangements or have any proceedures if i use the trial lenses (that they use for every patient) - is the risk of infection minimal, and would general cleaning proceedures be adiquate?

I know with a dentist their cleaning techniques are enough, but wasnt sure with an opticians - can they tell from your eyes if your HIV+ and should i tell them?

It's always advisable to confide in your doctors, dentists and health care professionals by disclosing your HIV-positive status. However, even if you did not disclose, or didn't know your status, rest assured there is no HIV-transmission/acquisition risk involved from visiting your optician or dentist or doctor. Universal precautions are in place to prevent the spread of bloodborne pathogens (such as hepatitis and HIV) from patient to health care worker, from health care worker to patient, and also from patient to patient. Remember, 25% of HIV-positive Americans have absolutely no idea they are infected with the virus.

Eating healthy when unable to prepare meals
The forgotten patients