things to do while not on meds re: viral load

Hi Nelson -

Thanks for all your help here! It's great!

A question I tried to ask earlier (perhaps there will be less of a surge of questions this time around...)

You talk about a viral load above 20,000 is something to keep a close eye on and 'try to get under control.' What are some practical ways to work toward getting a viral load under control when not on meds? Obviously good eating (which I do), and exercise (which I have started to do) - positive thinking, avoiding stress, etc...but is there anything else? I have a VL of 37,000 with a CD4 count ranging between 655 and 541, no symptoms, feel pretty great. But I would LOVE to bring that VL down. How can I work to do this? Thank you!

I wish I had a good answer. It would serve us all well!

What I can tell you for sure is to avoid immune activation caused by sexually transmitted diseases. If you have frequent herpes outbreaks, stay on famcyclovir forever. If you feel run down without a reason, go see the doctor, Also stress and lack of sleep can deplete your immune system for sure (my biggest CD4 cell loses have been after a break up )

Keep exercising, taking your vitamins, managing stress, enjoying life, and do not ever forget to go to the doctor every three months.

Nelson

HIV and liposuction
Should I supplement with testosterone?