The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


May 10, 2009

I have been HIV positive for 10 years now, as my tenth year celebration I want to come out more then just my family. I would like to educate and motivate in high schools and through radio broadcasting due to my working experience. But I am scared, what if I break down when I see people worse then me. I am healthy at the moment, but I am terrified and motivated at the same time, is this normal? Does it mean I am not ready? But my heart break when I see people hiding and feeling ashamed and not knowing what to do, especially in rural areas. Pls help. I don't want to mess up.

Response from Mr. Vergel

There are many ways to volunteer and help the world. If you really do not have the strength to see people suffer, you can always volunteer for causes that do not expose you to that. There are children's groups, summer camps for HIV+ kids, organizations to help youth, etc

Go to

or also has the best list of non profits that you can call:

I have volunteered for 22 years and can really say that it has helped me get out of my head and feel like I am making a difference in the world. I have no doubt that this has helped me live a fuller and more satisfying life. Besides, you meet the best people ever!

Good luck and do not let your fears stop you from doing what your heart is telling you is right.


What is happening to Nandrolone??

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint