May 10, 2009
HOW IS HIGH CPK LEVEL TREATED? WHAT SPECAILIST SHOULD I SEE ?
| Response from Mr. Vergel
High CPK can be sue to exercise, medication side effects, low thyroid function, or heart tissue damage. It is very important to see a doctor!
There is no treatment per se. Most doctors tell you to stop exercising for a week and come back for another test. They should also test your thyroid and make sure that you have no heart problems.
Some doctors prescribe corticoid steroids to reduce whatever the inflammation may be, but this is not a cure.
If you are taking statins with or without fibrates, high cpk may indicate muscle related problems that these drugs can cause in some people. Some patients have anecdotally reported improvements of this problem by taking Coenzyme Q-10 (statins lower it) and a good antioxidant formula.
Talk to your doctor right away.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Touching Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.