Creatine and Atripla

Hi, I have been on Atripla for over a year and everything is going well. I started going back to gym and now I am thinking about taking Creatine to gain some weight that I lost earlier. My question is that is it safe to take Creatine with Atripla?

Thanks

It is probably safe but I would talk to your doctor so that she can monitor to creatinine clearance before and while you are taking the supplement to make sure that your kidney function is not impaired. Atripla has Viread (tenofovir) which could affect kidney function in the presence of creatine supplements.

Red eyes
Need Doctor Recommendation