|Lipodystrophy & testosterone
Apr 24, 2009
I have been reading some blogs about people who have used testosterone cream to lessen fat pad on the back "buffalo hump". Just wondering if this would be something I should speak to my Dr. about, is there any medical evidence this may work?
| Response from Mr. Vergel
There is some anecdotal information that testosterone gels applied to the buffalo hump may decrease its size, but we have no studies on this use. There was a study that showed that testosterone gel could decrease subcutaneous fat and waist size in HIV+ men with fat accumulation in their bellies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Accurate Is Hpv Testing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.