Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

No appetite!!!

I am HIV poz for 8 yrs and on Truvada and Viramune for 7 months. I only crave sweets and healthy food makes me sick. I take anti- nausea pills and I take the appetite stimulant Marinol. Some times pot to but nothing. I am 5ft 9 weigh 135. My doctor wants me to gain but I can't at all. What am I to do?

I would try eating a lot of fruit, sweet potatoes, and lean meats marinated in orange juice to start. Shakes made with whey protein and fruit may also be something you would like. You may also want to talk to your doctor about using Oxandrin for weight gain but make sure that your liver enzymes are monitored every two months or so while on it. Have your doctor check your testosterone levels and take a multivitamin twice a day in case that you may have zinc deficiency that is altering your taste.

Nelson

Supplements for liver
HGH