Liver with parenchymal disease

Have a nice day Doc. Nelson,

I would like you to help me know more about this examination result of Ultrasound of the Upper Abdomen.

FINDINGS: *The liver is normal in size with heterogeneous parenchymal echogenicity. No focal mess lession noted. The intrahepatic biliary radicles are not dilated.

*The gallbladder measures 5.5 x 2.9 cm with anechoic lumen. The wall is not thickened.

*The pancreas is obscured by the overlaying bowel gas artifacts at the time of examination.

*The spleen is normal in size and echogenicity. No focal mass lession seen.

IMPRESSION: * Normal size liver with parenchymal disease. * Unremarkable scan of the gallbladder and spleen.

Examination was taken Feb. 4, 2009. Hope to hear from you soon and more power. God bless you.

I am not sure what you underlying disease is (eg, Hepatitis B or C or fatty liver), but the only significant finding is echogenicity of the liver. This simply says that the liver is not homogeneous. Beyond that, it is hard to say what is causing this. If you have underlying viral hepatitis, it could mean some scarring. You should discuss further with your doctor and decide if you need a liver biopsy.

need to lose weight and on arv treatment
buffalo hump