CD4 Count of 20
Jan 29, 2009
Hi,my wife was recently diagnosed hiv+ with CD4 of 20.Our doctor simply said it's too late,I was told I am negative,I could not understand how couls that be since we have had unprotected sex for the last 4 years.Is it realy too late? Thank you.
Response from Mr. Vergel
Not late at all. I have seen some people's CD4 cells go from 0 to 1000 after treatment. Get her on HIV treatment right away!
It is hard to predict who will get infected even with unprotected sex, so I cannot answer your question about why you are still negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers A Symptom Of HIV?
- Stinging Pain During Seroconversion
- Black Spots After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.