Dec 28, 2008
I heard that ginkgo biloba can help prevent and/or lessen the effects of AIDS related dementia. Is this true? And if so, would it interfere with any of the ART medicine? I am not current taking meds but I am curious. The thought of getting dementia scares me to death!
| Response from Mr. Vergel
We have no data on Ginko and HIV. Several studies have shown that Ginko does not work better than placebo for memory loss.
Read my previous answer to a similar question on memory loss
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long After Possible Infection Should I Wait Before Getting A Blood Test For Hepatitis C?
- Without A Rash How Can A Doctor Determine If You Have Shingles
- Will Herpes Go Away On Its Own?
- Why Do I Keep Getting Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Why Can't You Have Sex After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- What Are The Characteristics Of Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.