anabolic steroids and hiv

Hi from the uk nelson, I was a steroid user until august this year, doing cycles of mainly deca and sustanon. I found out 6 weeks ago that I was hiv+. can you tell me if taking steroids has compromised my immune system further, or will it affect my anti retrovirals when I start them. many thanks and happy christmas. worried sick uk

You may want to read our book: "Built to Survive: A Comprehensive Guide to the Medical Use of Anabolic Therapies, Nutrition and Exercise for HIV+ Men and Women" available on amazon.com

You can also download the e-book version at the bottom of this page: http://facialwasting.org/resources.htm

My biggest concerns about people using anabolic steroids without a doctor's order and monitoring are:

1- High red blood cells/hematocrit- Anabolics increase red blood cells and sometimes to the point of danger. High red blood cells can make the blood too viscous and thick for the heart to pump

2- Prostatic inflammation in some men

3- High blood pressure that may increase kidney and heart disease

4- Mood swings if not used with a background of testosterone

But anabolics can effectively and safely be used to treat wasting syndrome if a doctor knows how to monitor these variables and keep doses within reasonable levels studied in HIV

You can read more on medibolics.com also

Nelson

CD4 Counts
Advise from you