Herbal Supplements for HIV patient

Hi My mother has recently tested HIV positive for the deadly HIV, we have actually realisedf that she has it for the last 15 years with no medication or supplement or what soever but now her immune system is showing signs of giving up the fight, she is already on ARV but we also wanted her to supplement them with other products available. What are the herbal products can you recommend for someone in her situation.

Many thanks. Joseph (South Africa)

Joseph

To be honest, there are no strong data on any herbal supplements to improve immune function in HIV.

I would concentrate on feeding her a balanced nutrition with lost of fruits and vegetables and lean meats, giving her a multivitamin twice a day, and ensuring that she gets exercise three times a week. Also, mental health is key, so make sure that she is not depressed and that her support system is well set.

I am glad she is on treatment. She is lucky to have a son that cares for her like you do.

Nelson

what is defined as proper nutrition?
CD4 from 30,000 to 170,000