Crestor with Kaletra (PI)

Hello, my physician prescribed Crestor ever since I started Kaletra, my chol and tryg really jumped. I am not over weight and get plenty of exercise.

I was on the Crestor site and it said that Kaletra and Crestor are not to be taken together... Why would my physician prescribe Crestor to me if they dont mix well together? I have been on pravachol in the past and have not had any issues with it but I never took it with Kaletra.. Should I be concerned about any side effects or call my doctor and explain my concerns? Do you know of any bay interactions with Kaletra and Crestor?

Thank you!

Danny

Dr Jennifer Kiser from the University of Colorado recently found that Kaletra had a significant impact on Crestor blood levels. The total area under the curve of Crestor drug level was two times higher when Kaletra was taken with Crestor, compared with values when Crestor was taken alone. The peak dose of Crestor, which can impact side effects, was nearly five times higher when the two drugs were taken together. The patients in her study did not show considerable side effects during the study time, but this is of concern to some clinicians.

Talk to your doctor about this to discuss other options for lipid lowering, including other statin medications, omega 3 oils, Niacin, exercise, or switching to HIV medications that may be more lipid friendly.

Nelson

Viral Immune Stimulator
end stages of aids?