Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Nutrition Bull
Nov 2, 2008

Hi: Not so much of a question but, because of the many questions I see on the same matters, a comment in the hope that others will not waste their time and money on the astralagus, the licorice, the coconout oil, the selenium, the cysteine, Vitamin E, the green tea, the olive leaf and all the other nutrients, minerals, herbs and other crap peddled to people with HIV. Took them all for months and got nothing out of them. Nothing. And it did not matter either whether I have gotten good sleep or not, whether I have eaten well or not, whether I have smoked weed or not, whether I have exercised or not, whether I have been happy or sad. The decline in my CD4s has been relentless and fast regardless of any of the above. The bottom line is: your only hope at life extension when you have HIV is whatever Western medicine has to offer at any given point in time. The rest may not hurt you, but as far as HIV itself is concerned, it is as effective as prayer. Regards.

Response from Mr. Vergel

You are definitely allowed to post your opinion. So here it is

nelson

Previous
Anemia
Next
over the counter meds

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.