drug resistance with certain fruit

Hello again, quick question. I would like to know if eating pink grapefruit makes haart meds resistance? If I'm not mistaken I swear I read it somewhere. the reason why I'm asking is because no#1 I love to eat them and no#2 I feel I gained a little to much weight and need to lose some. not to much, just a little. Have you ever heard of this? once again thanks for your input.

Grapefruit juice can increase blood levels of protease inhibitors and other drugs that go through the P450 cytochrome path in the liver. So, no, it does not cause resistance but it may increase side effects due to these higher blood levels.

Nelson

Recent Diagnosis- Is exercise bad for me?
cpk