combivir/sustiva vs atripla

Hello, I'm considering switching from combivir/sustiva to the new one a day regimen atripla. Do you think that is a wise choice. I've been taking combivir/sustiva since my diagnosis in Dec 2007. vl was 100,000 and cd4 was 6. I know with my cd4 being that low at the time I really feel that it's a miracle that I'm still alive. as of June 2008 my vl was undetectable and cd4 was 249. I came a long way. in sept 2008 I went to the infection Dr again and he said that I was still undetectable and that my cd4 was great. but, as far as my numbers he didn't give them to me I guess because it was told to me over the telephone. I've been adherence to my meds from day one. I would really appreciate your input. thanks for being a hero in helping other people who are in need.

Yes, as long as your kidney function is good. Ask your doctor what your creatinine and creatinine clearance are. If they are good, go for it! And added advantage to the fact that Atripla is once a day is the lower incidence of lipoatrophy (fat loss under the skin that causes facial and buttock wasting) and lower incidence of anemia than Combivir.

Nelson

High CPK
RE: Juicing and HIV