trying to gain muscle mass and weight....

Dear Mr. Vergel, for the last year or so now, i have been trying to get some muscle and weight back. for background info, i will tell you i tested poz back in 1986. started meds in 2002, when my lab numbers started going downhill. was put on combivir and videx. then about 2 years ago i started noticing i was getting thinner and very vascular, especially my face, butt, legs and arms. finally beginning of 2008 talked to my doc and we change my meds to truvada and isentress, to get away from the azt in the combivir, that we figured was causing the lipoatrophy. also i then had a couple treaments of sculptra done this summer to help with the facial wasting, which i can say i am very pleased with so far. also my doc had put me on 5mg a day of androgel a few years back, which brought my testostorone back to a healthy range, after my meds had knocked it down to a very low level. he also started me on oxandrolone 20 mg a day, for over a year now, to try to help me gain back some good healthy body mass. have gained back about 8lbs, but nothing in the last 6 or 7 months or so now. what i am wondering about is, i was thinking of trying nandrolone, to see if i could get more body mass and weight back on, and was wondering if you think it would help me. if so, wondered what dosage, and how often it should be administered. Mr. Vergel, i very much repect your expertise on this, and was wondering if you think i could benefit from adding this to what i am now currently taking, or what would you suggest. i can tell you my insurance is covering my oxandrolone, and androgel, so i would be picking up the cost of the nandrolone. from what i have read, it does seem to me that the nandrolone is good at adding on muscle and weight. i am 5'6", and weigh 130lbs, so i have gained about 8lbs back, but have stalled out now, with no progress, and i would like to get back to 148 or so, which i was years ago before the hiv meds. should tell you also, i do eat good, and have been weight training an hour a day, 5 to 6 days a week, for a couple years now. i would so appreciate your expert knowledge and advice with this, as i am going to see my doc on sept. 23. thanks again Mr. Vergel.... R.K.

Dear RK

You definitely have a low body mass index

You seem to know what you are doing. Oxandrin plus a testosterone gel is a good combo for gaining lean mass, but many people reach a "plateau" after a while.

I would add more calorie dense foods like peanut or almond butter, hummus, tofu, yogurt with nuts, oatmeal with whey protein, and zip on supplements like Juven or creatine daily.

Nandrolone is the most effective and cleanest anabolic steroids studied in HIV. However, it is approved for anemia and it is only available by prescription using a compounding pharmacy. 200 mg a week is a conservative dose for males in combination with a daily testosterone gel.

You may want to join my discussion list that includes 3000 people with great experience on this issue plus lipodystrophy related ones. Email pozhealth-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I am not sure if you have read the summarized research that we have included in our book "Built to Survive". It includes tips on nutrition, supplements, testosterone, growth hormone, Oxandrin, nandrolone, facial wasting, and other hot topics. It is available in amazon.com

I hope this helped you some. Keep taking care of yourself as well as you seem to be doing it now. This disease can make us stronger and healthier if we empower ourselves to learn as much as we can and not to give into self pitty and depression.

Nelson

Taking Ecstasy and immune system
Lipohypertrophy Update