My Metobolic Dr. said that Suplements were frowned upon considering high cholest/triglis/liver enzymes. Is that true?

I was born into a family of bad eating (latin) and have tried to change my habbits. My metobolic Dr. informed that he highly did not recomend the use of suplements to help with cholesteral/triglicoride and liver enzyme problems. (I am on zetia for cholesteral & glimiperide for diabetes)Still in a 2 month period that I didn't take the suplements, all have shot up 3 times as bad to the point he states my pancreus will fail...I am currently on Atripila and have on ocassion missed several doses (for whatever reason)but still undetectable. There is a possible relapse of KS. Is this familiar in any way and is he correct on the suplements issue. He has left me terrified to eat and take vitamins. He put me on thyroid meds and high blood pressure meds on the same visit. How is all this related and is he correct about the suplements?

Can you help me out with more information

1- Are you overweight? What is your height and weight? Losing weight can improve your lipids, blood sugar, and blood pressure.

2- Supplements like Omega 3 fish oils and Niacin have been studied in HIV and found to be great compliments to lipid lowering agents

3- Besides your thyroid function, did your doctor check other hormones like testosterone?

4- Do you exercise?

5- You mentioned liver enzyme problems. How high? Are you Hepatitis B or C positive? Do you drink a lot of alcohol?

6- Do you smoke?

Please let me know

Nelson

Exercise
Low Carb Diets: Any special concerns for HIVers?