Kundalini as support therapy?

Good morning, and thanks for the wonderful service offered by this website.

I am a 37yo poz guy, I was infected 3 and a half years ago and I am not on therapy yet (700 CD4, viral load 1000 cp/ml). I am not against traditional ART - if and when the time comes, I'll take it for sure! - but in the meantime, I'm doing my best to postpone that day, mainly through homeopathy and exercise.

I have a question about kundalini yoga. I've read lots of stuff about alternative remedies, from which I've learned that those who stimulate the immune system (like echinacea) should best be avoided, since by doing that they end up stimulating the virus as well.

Now, I've been practising kundalini yoga for 4 months and I find it amazing, but I've got a few doubts. It is said that this yoga style is directly aimed at reinforcing the immune system; am I risking a similar backfire from this kind of practice?

Thanks a lot for your consideration, M.

Not at all. Keep doing it! Yoga is great for stress reduction, flexibilty, staying present and there is some liimited evidence that it may increase immune function.

Nelson

blood
Response to How long will I live?