staying healthy

Hello. I am 38 years old male and I have been recently diagnosed with HIV (July 19). I took the blood test twice over the last 2 weeks. The first one showed my CD4 was 640 and my VL less than 400. The second one the following week shoed my CD4 cound is 509 and my VL 290. My doctor is telling me that my numbers are good and that I dont need to start medication but I wonder If there is anything that I could do to maintain these good numbers and to avoid to start taking medication as much as possible. I exercise regularly, I eat healthy, I take one multivitamin a day I dont smoke or drink, I am 5.9 and I weight about 158lb. My doctor is telling me that I dont need to do anything more than what I am doing but I worry if that is enough. I just dont to wait to see my numbers go worse without doing anything. I am new to this and obviously still confused. Thank you very much. k.

I would not do anything different. But I would definitely seek some counseling, support groups, etc that help you deal with the diagnosis and lower your stress. It seems to me that you are already taking care of yourself very well. Just keep getting your CD4 cells and viral load tested every three months and keep a positive attitude!

Nelson

Losing appetite
Andorgel