Weight Gaining

I have been HIV positive for 2 years and recently my t-cell count started to dropped tremendously. I used to be 6'2 168lbs but now I weight around 139lbs. Im certain the weight loss is due to the illness and decrease in t-cell. My t-cell count is currently 82. I started taking meds a months ago, and I wanted to know if I will start gaining weight once my t-cell count goes back up? I try to eat food high in protein but it either seems like im not hungry, can only eat small portions or I am constantly having diarrhea. What is the best way to start gaining weight in my condition?

I am taking ATRIPLA. I started taking it July 21st, so its been about a month now. I have a scheduled doctors appointment to check my cd4 count and viral load but as of now my viral load is over 300,000 and as I mentioned before my cd4 count dropped to 82. I had been reading up on a condition called HIV Wasting Sydrome and I wanted to know what are was to reverse that and gain weight and what should I be prepared to go over with my doctor if im losing to much weight and my meds (ATRIPLA) is not working as it should.

You will gain weight while your immune system gets better with Atripla. But if you do not gain your normal weight, talk to your doctor about Oxandrin or nandrolone. I would wait for 4 months and see how you are doing.

Try to eat lots of fruits, vegetables, lean meats, nuts, eggs, etc If you can, work out with weights and machines to minimize fat gain while your T cells are increasing. Take a multivitamin with meals. And make sure you sleep well and tell your doctor if you are experiencing fatigue or bad dreams after a month on therapy.

Keep me informed, please

Nelson

Weights versus Cardio
95 year old man will not eat